Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh, God...Who Are These Bozos?


I feared going on AFTER the DJ (who's skills were spot-on) would not shed kind light on this impromptu band of mostly AARP members. I thought I could hear groaning and curt remarks from the evening's revelers such as, "Oh God, who's this bozo outfit?" or "Oh no, whattaya wanna bet this will be a night of shitty CCR coming our way."
But alas, this was not the case. Sure, I don't gig as much as I'd like to these days, and when I do, you never know what your going to get but, but this night, I don't think I let these old duffers down.
Mitch and I grooved well I thought. And I didn't get any disparaging glances from the likes of Stone Town. Jack rolls pretty easy anyway so the few times I did fluff, well, we always just laugh it off...for the most part...to my face anyway.
I rehearsed one night earlier in the week and thank God. Colin had put together a list of requests from he and his bride such as Sister Golden Hair (that went okay), Never My Love-pretty good actually, helped put us on the map, Eight Days A Week-not bad, The Letter-not bad,
Have You Seen Her Face-I think we did that one, I think it went well, It Won't be Wrong- It was, Sunshine Superman-fun, If Not For You-I think we played that,
You Didn't Have To Be So Nice-good fun, C'mon Lets Go-good. You get the gist.
Anyhoo, nice to see Sir Charles, Mitch and Mark Schrock...and Jack and Linda and StoneTown. The sound guy was very good, Colin, he's a keeper. And of course congrats to you and your bride.
Oh, and very good to see Kathy and Roger and Eric Dahlstrom and of course...Mr. Leaver

No comments:

Post a Comment